06 October 2008

Feet, wet, girl

My foot is almost all better, thank you for asking! Boy, those were some good drugs. I lay on the couch all night, and then the next day, I barely limped! I still feel it every once in a while, but it's not bad at all anymore. But the laying on the couch was great. I'm finding more and more comfortable positions to lie in. Look!


Wind-tunnel ear position.


Companionable head position.

This past Saturday was a crazy day! Mummy and Daddy are crazy! First, they got me WET! And SOAPY! And SMELLY (but not normal smelly)! And it SUCKED!





I'm wet and in the bathtub and it sucks.


I'm wet and in the bathtub and soapy and it sucks.


I'm still wet and in the bathtub but I'm getting dried off, so it sucks less.


I'm so impressed, Mummy and Daddy. So very impressed.


Then I had to air myself even drier than the towels made me. You know, I used to be so self-conscious that if I even caught Mummy and Daddy looking at me when I was cockroached, I'd stop...

And then, at night on Saturday, Mummy and Daddy went out for a few minutes, and when they came back, they had a girl with them! Her name is Duchess and her forever Mummy works in the same building as Mummy, but she's never been in a house before, so we're teaching her a few things before she goes to her forever house. Things like going outside, and toys, and dog beds, and mealtimes, and walk times, and stairs. She really needs to learn how to go downstairs better, because she slipped coming downstairs on Sunday morning and tore off one of her nails! Mummy and Daddy were really sorry about that, especially since Duchess was bleeding. Duchess got so much attention on Sunday! John and Deb came over, and Duchess' forever Mummy, and we all hung out and Duchess got lots of attention from everyone because she was new and because of her nail. Okay, well, maybe I got lots of attention too, but Duchess got lots!


This is Duchess. She loves her water dish. Hee hee roo roo, that was funny!

There will be more pictures of Duchess outside her kennel later. Right now she really likes her kennel, but she's getting better. She and I shared my papasan for a bit this morning, and she figured out last night that dog beds are for lying on. She's really smart.

1 comments:

Anonymous

Priest, you're such a big, brave boy for getting a bath! And I'm sure you were sleek and fabulous afterward. Your friend Duchess is very pretty and I hope you'll have fun showing her all the good things about forever homes.

  © Blogger template 'Blue Sky' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008, Magic brush by Spiritsighs

Back to TOP