27 October 2008

Hallowe'en Howleroo!

So for the last while, Mummy's been trying these clothes on me. They didn't seem terribly practical, and reminded me of that first coat that Mummy and Daddy used when I first came to them before I got my own coat. But Mummy kept wanting to put these clothes on me, and even though I really didn't like it, I let her. I had no idea what was going to happen!


I guess I wasn't the only one whose Mummy or Daddy was trying crazy clothes on them! Because when Mummy and I went to the greyhound walk on Sunday (Daddy stayed home; something about a cold and the cold. I guess they're two different things and they don't go together), everyone was wearing clothes! Hats and clothes and hats or clothes, and some of the older greyhounds said that the mummies and daddies do this every year!


There were prizes too, and I got one! Not the big one, that went to the dog in the middle dressed as Legolas (what's a Legolas?). But I got a treat bag filled with yummy things that I totally want! But Mummy and Daddy only gave me a little and then put it in my cupboard. Darn.


This is my outfit. Mummy dressed me up as a yarn ninja. I don't know what she's talking about. I only ever take yarn if it's left out!


There were knitting needles attached on one side, and...


...some yarn on the other! And a mask attached to my muzzle, and then the very impractical clothes.


Everyone walked in their costumes. It was a nice long walk, and even though it was chilly, we were warm in the clothes, so maybe they weren't so impractical...

Duchess is off at her forever home now, but I do want to leave you with one picture of us.


Study in Patience: Two Greyhounds Waiting for Walkies

3 comments:

Anonymous

yarn ninja.
ha ha ha! that's funny. love the mask.

Colleen Pollock-Patience

LOVE the costume! Heard you all had a great time!

Anonymous

so cute!!! It's times like that when I wish we lived in Edmonton!

  © Blogger template 'Blue Sky' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008, Magic brush by Spiritsighs

Back to TOP